Join our staff in making disciples
We are blessed to have an amazing team and consider it a privilege to serve as part-time or full-time staff. We are regularly seeking individuals to help us fulfill our mission and advance the Kingdom of God.
Our Leadership Culture
We strive to create a staff culture of fun, autonomy, and integrity, where people have the freedom to experiment, make mistakes, learn, and grow in both their inner life (their journey with God) and their outer life (their skills and role in the organization). In addition to the 5 Ms, our staff embraces these 5 leadership values:
Deep Personal Formation
- Intentionally ordering our lives under our Rule of Life/Pastoral Rule of Life.
- Seeing and living out the connection between our personal formation and our work performance (soul and role).
- Leading out of our marriage or singleness.
- Choosing to be a life-long learner, developing our area of leadership.
- A growing fluency in Emotionally Healthy language, skills, practices, and concepts.
- Listening well, seeking first to understand before being understood.
- Speaking clearly, directly, honestly, respectfully, and in a timely manner.
- Consistently clarifying expectations.
Healthy Team Unity
- Supporting each other by acting for the good of our whole church with the fulfillment of our mission in mind, no matter what our position.
- Speaking up about elephants in the room.
- Celebrating, appreciating, and spotlighting other ministries.
- Respectfully approaching people about concerns and puzzling issues.
- Taking the time to offer high-quality work in all that we do (teaching, design, counseling, communications).
- Taking initiative to solve problems that we see.
- Regularly mobilizing others to serve and lead within our community.
- Taking responsibility for our decisions and actions and learning from our mistakes.
Cultivation of Joy
- Autonomy: Empowering others and trusting them to make important decisions on behalf of the organization. Giving others the freedom to fail and make mistakes.
- Mastery: Working to create an environment where everyone can grow in their gifts and skills and thrive at the very top of their potential.
- Purpose: Dreaming big–dreaming God’s dreams for our community–and empowering others to do the same.
- Fun: Creating fun, loose, and celebratory environments.
Excited about joining our team?
View our job openings
The Executive Pastor is responsible for the day to day direction of church staff, leading all functional areas in the accomplishment of the church’s mission. This includes strategic planning, finance, facilities, office administration, communications, human resources and our family ministry team.
Your role would be to:
- Support the Lead Pastor in the accomplishment of the church’s mission through ministry effectiveness evaluation, discernment, planning and overall direction of church staff.
- Oversee the ministry staff in the establishment of six-month goals, oversee annual performance evaluation, thereby insuring the accomplishment of the overall mission.
- Ensure the operational readiness of the church through leadership and oversight of the support staff performing duties in office administration, communications, finance, human resources, supply, and facilities management.
- Develop annual financial plans that fund the accomplishment of the strategic plan and meet critical financial objectives such as established cash reserve levels, financing multisite initiatives, etc.
- Lead the church’s building programs including capital fundraising campaigns, annual Christmas offerings, contractor selection, and construction.
- Give oversight and support to the Kids Ministry Pastor and Youth Pastor in the execution of the Orange Philosophy of Ministry.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
Do you enjoy creating hospitable places for people to connect and grow, as if you were welcoming them into own home? Do you like working in a team with a common goal and purpose? Do our mission, values, and culture resonate with you? We’re looking for an Environment Setup Associate for our team to provide excellent support for events while also fostering a environment of service and fun. Our Environment Setup team sets up, tears down, and cleans up after events organized by New Life staff and volunteers.
Your role would be to:
- Work with your team of staff and volunteers in a way that fosters a spirit of fun, hospitality, service, and excellence.
- Work with event organizers to understand their needs and your team to complete weekday and weekend setups for regularly scheduled and special events at New Life – setting up tables, chairs, coffee & water dispensers, A/V equipment, and so on – and monitor events to make sure that their organizers have everything they need.
- Participate in managing the operations of the team, in everything from budgeting to hiring to inventorying and reordering supplies. It’s not necessary for you to have prior experience in all of these areas – we’ll provide coaching where needed.
- Perform general maintenance duties, such as resetting of rooms used for events, trash removal, and cleaning of floors, furniture, and kitchen items.
Do you enjoy serving others by helping them feel safe and welcome, answering their questions and addressing confusion and conflict? Are administrative tasks a blast for you? Do you like working in a team with a common goal and purpose? Do our mission, values, and culture resonate with you? We’re looking for a Front Desk Attendant to join our staff team and help us foster an environment of service, hospitality, warmth, and fun.
Your role would be to:
- Field questions and answer incoming phone calls from people in our community, church members, staff, vendors, and others.
- Maintain our building’s security by monitoring our camera system, handling emergencies (e.g. fire, medical, and police) and other incidents, and filing reports.
- Coordinate deliveries with vendors and staff and process incoming and outgoing mail. You’ll need to do some heavy lifting (at least 35 lbs.) occasionally.
- Maintain our office environment by providing our copiers with regular care and feeding (ordering and recycling toners and other replacement items, clearing paper jams, etc.) and by taking inventory of, purchasing, and managing the budget for office equipment and supplies.
- Coordinate work schedules with the rest of the front desk team to ensure that the front desk is covered at all times while our building is open.
- Recruit and schedule a small team of Sunday parking lot staff and volunteers.
- Work with the front desk team on ad hoc projects for other staff – things like printing our weekly bulletins, preparing seasonal mailings, and organizing our monthly logs and lost and found items.
Are you constantly learning and tinkering with new technologies, whether on or off the job? Do you love researching and improving Audio/Visual (AV) and IT systems in organizations? Do you value network and server uptime and high-quality audio and video? Do you get excited about working with others in these areas and galvanizing team spirit to tackle projects and see results? We are looking for someone who will take the lead in our tech area, which includes both AV (sound, video, projection, lighting, and related equipment for our Sunday Services and events) and IT (providing support to our users and maintaining our network & server infrastructure). We need someone to give excellent leadership to an area that’s growing at a fast pace as we strive to improve our tech experience across the board
Your role would be to:
- Recruit and lead your team of tech volunteers in a way that fosters a spirit of service, commitment, community, and creativity, empowering team members to make significant decisions and take action rather than doing everything yourself.
- Maintain, document, grow, and make strategic improvements to the network, server, AV, and phone infrastructures in our building, as well as the cloud services we utilize, as our needs evolve over time.
- Work alongside our Worship Pastor to support the rest of our worship team. Schedule sound and video volunteers for Sunday services and other New Life events as requested. Manage our live stream on our website and Facebook Live account.
- Provide staff with technical support for their computers, and provide both staff and volunteers support and implementation coaching for key software tools, such as our church management and printing accounting systems.
- Provide staff with assistance in complying with IT standards (e.g. PCI-DSS) and best practices; triage and respond to IT outages and security incidents when they arise.
- Manage our tech vendor relationships, such as with our Internet service provider, evaluating, updating, renewing, and terminating contracts as appropriate.
- Purchase and maintain IT and AV hardware and software and manage the budget for the tech area, in conjunction with our Worship Pastor and administration team
The primary role of the Grant Writer is to secure grant funding for Success Groups project expenses. The secondary role is to assist the Executive Director in strengthening the marketing and fundraising models of the Success Groups project. The New Life CDC Success Groups (SG) project empowers families to rise out of poverty while leveraging the power of community. It is based on the Family Independence Initiative (FII) model of economic mobility found in 7 U.S. cities. Success Groups launched in NYC in 2016 and is proving to be a responsible and sustainable model for the empowerment of low-income families in urban settings. The project is data-driven, community-oriented and financially efficient. This role could be a part-time or full-time position.
Your responsibilities would be to:
- Perform required research to establish and/or grow relationships with foundations or government agencies interested in funding the Success Groups model
- Get familiar with SG model; write and submit grants to cover project expenses
- Provide weekly report of progress and priorities
- As required, attend cohort meetings and interview Success Groups members
- Create awareness of SG model through electronic, print or social media
- Establish/grow individual or business donor relationships to fund resource hub or family sponsorships
- Other tasks required to fulfill responsibilities
Our Leadership Residencies provide opportunities for personal spiritual formation and leadership development. The end goal is to train and develop emerging “5 Ms” leaders in soul and role, through our formation pathway (connect. grow. serve), and to release them to steward their life and gifts at New Life. The residencies are designed to give participants local church ministry experience, as well as a glimpse into a life in vocational ministry. Participants will gain valuable experience while working alongside New Life staff members.
Not seeing the right fit?
No problem! Just enter your information below, and we’ll notify you as soon as we post new job opportunities in the future.